Currently developing the Ph.D. in Institutional History and Politics at the Universidade Nova de Lisboa (new university of lisbon). Graduated in History at the Faculty of Letters, University of Lisbon. Degree in Art Education from the National Conservatory of Lisbon.
Civic and Professional Activities:
- Professor of Higher Education at Polytechnic Institute of Setúbal. School of Education.
- Board advisor of the Portuguese Environment Agency (Education for Sustainable Development).
- Coordinator of Inter-Ministerial Group of Environmental Education for Sustainability, representing the Portuguese Environment Agency.
- Former President of Interbio - Interprofessional Association of Organic Agriculture.
Previous Professional Activities:
- Member of the Organizing Committee of the National Conference on Arts Education, representing the Ministry of Culture.
- Joined the European Network of Cultural Education, representing the Ministry of Culture.
- Member of the Group of Experts on Arts Education OEI (Organization of Ibero-American States), invited in their personal capacity.
- Principal Technical Advisor (Environment) - Permanent Representative of Portugal in the European Union, Brussels (1996/1999).
- Member of the Interministerial Group for Arts Education, representing the Ministry of Education (1995/1996).
- Representative of the Orient Foundation, in the Advisory Board of the Faculty of Marine Sciences and Environment, University of Algarve.
Political Activity (brief):
- Member of Parliament (Legislatures IV, V, VIII and IX).
- Member of the Parliamentary Committee of Environment, Education, European Affairs, among others.
- Member of the Delegation of the OSCE (Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe), on behalf of Parliament. Vice-Chairman of the Committee of Economic Affairs, Science, Technology and Environment of the OSCE.
- MEP (1989-1994). President of the European Greens.
- Honorary Member of the European Parliament.
- Member of GLOBE (International Association of Environmental Legislators).
In December 2009 she was appointed by the Lisbon Municipality to be Administrator of the Lisboa E-Nova – Agência Municipal de Energia e Ambiente.